Meet Our Associate - Todd
Every day, Veritude associates work in a variety of temporary or contract roles that vary by skill, experience level and length according to the needs of the business at Fidelity Investments. Whether it’s a temporary job lasting a day, a few months or temp-to-hire assignment, we are truly grateful for the talented individuals that contribute to the firm and/or to Veritude directly.
- Meet Our Associate:
- Project Manager
- Started at Veritude:
- September, 2015
- Todd, what would you tell a friend about working at Veritude?
- I would tell them that my experience working for Veritude has been great! There are so many opportunities available, across various areas of the firm. The leadership for Veritude is supportive, engaging and truly cares about the success of their employees.
- What or who inspires you professionally?
- I’ve always admired my father, who after serving twenty years in the Marines, (including two tours in Vietnam), returned home at the age of 39 and obtained his high school diploma, followed by his college degree. He went on to spend the next twenty years managing the operations of the largest NBA and concert arenas in Texas. He set an example for me of dedication, hard work, staying humble and to never stop learning.
- What advice would you give to a new Veritude associate?
- Approach your new role with excitement and a desire to learn. You may not know everything from day one, but you will be surrounded by other strong, knowledgeable people on your team, who want to help you succeed.
Also, take advantage of opportunities to learn. Veritude and Fidelity offer so many fantastic opportunities to not only grow in your own role, but to also absorb knowledge about other areas of the firm.
- What is your favorite inspirational quote? Who said it?
- I’m always inspired by great leaders in every industry who inspire us to challenge the way we see things. One quote in particular that comes to mind is from a speech by former President Barack Obama:
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.
- What is your favorite hobby or pastime outside of work?
- I’ve always loved sports, whether playing them or watching them. Having grown up in Houston, I’m a big fan of the World Series Champion, Houston Astros, as well as the Rockets and Texans.
After interviewing Todd, we decided to ask a couple of his co-workers about what it's like to work with him. Here's what they had to say:
Todd’s friendliness and professionalism make him a joy to work with each day. He does a wonderful job at pulling a team together, forming relationships and keeping his eye on the ball. Thank you, Todd, for your dedication to our team! We appreciate all that you do!
Todd is a great team leader and truly valued by myself and his peers. His upbeat, positive attitude always helps get me through my day. We are lucky to have him on our team!
Todd organizes project work very well. He’s the go to man for bridging contacts from different teams and understands the depth of the problems that may arise. He is passionate about what he does. It is so nice working with Todd.
Thank you Todd for choosing Veritude!